Details About The Most Budget-Friendly BMW Car
BMW CAR – In this article, you’ll uncover valuable insights about the most budget-friendly BMW vehicle currently available.
BMW has long been a dream car for many, serving as a status symbol for decades. It’s easy to understand why some believe owning one is financially out of reach. However, there is an option that is both the most budget-friendly and futuristic, capable of turning your BMW dream into reality. Also, check out these 7 oddly fantastic ugly trucks.
The current least expensive BMW car available is the BMW 228i Gran Coupe, part of the BMW 2 series. While it may not be dirt cheap, it’s certainly within a reasonable price range to make you say, “Wow.” With models like the 228i Gran Coupe, BMW aims to cater to buyers seeking a blend of affordability and luxury. The BMW 2 series cars have already garnered positive reviews among car enthusiasts, making them an attractive choice for those desiring a fantastic luxury sedan.
BMW 228i Gran Coupe Overview
Within the BMW 2 series, you’ll find three trim versions: the BMW 228i Gran Coupe, 228i xDrive Gran Coupe, and M235i xDrive. The 228i xDrive Gran Coupe and M235i xDrive are slightly pricier, so we’ll focus on the former in this article.
This luxury sedan starts at a base price of $38,400, marking it as the most economical BMW car. It’s available in both rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations. Powering it is a 2.0L turbocharged inline-4 engine that delivers 228 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. This engine pairs with an 8-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission featuring Sport and Manual shift modes.
he 228i Gran Coupe boasts a 0 to 60 mph acceleration time of 6.3 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph. According to EPA estimates, it achieves 24 city mpg and 34 highway mpg. The 228i Gran Coupe offers excellent handling, with a well-balanced chassis and quick, accurate steering, making it agile and responsive.
Staying true to BMW’s tradition, the Gran Coupe’s cabin exudes style and sophistication. Ambient interior illumination adds to the allure, creating an attractive, driver-focused design. While rear legroom is comparable to that of a larger 3-series sedan, front and rear passengers might find the cabin somewhat cramped. However, the 2-series Gran Coupe compensates with a foldable back seat, providing additional cargo space for weekend getaways and shopping trips.
Standard features include 17-inch alloy wheels, LED headlights, power-folding mirrors, leather upholstery, an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with a 1-year subscription, Bluetooth, a 6-speaker sound system, BMW Assist eCall, front and rear parking sensors, forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, and lane departure warning.
Additional options include a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Harman Kardon sound system, head-up display, parking assist, adaptive cruise control, wireless charging, blind-spot monitoring, and a surround-view camera system.
1. Stylish design: The 228i Gran Coupe boasts a sleek, modern design and offers various color options to match your style.
2. Fuel-efficient: With an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway, the 228i Gran Coupe is economical for a luxury hatchback.
3. Good handling: Its well-balanced chassis, responsive steering, and agility around corners make it a fun car to drive.
4. Available all-wheel drive: All-wheel drive is an option, particularly useful for those residing in areas with adverse weather conditions.
5. Extensive standard features: The 228i Gran Coupe comes with a wide array of features, including LED headlights, power-folding mirrors, cloth upholstery, an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, Bluetooth, a 6-speaker sound system, dual-zone climate control, front and rear parking sensors, forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking, and lane departure warning.
1. Relatively small cargo space: The 228i Gran Coupe offers 16.9 cubic feet of cargo space, which is smaller than some of its competitors.
2. Some rivals offer more features for the money: Compared to some competitors like the Audi A3 and Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class, the 228i Gran Coupe may offer fewer features for the same price.